5.06.2012

Collard Green muffins

AND ALSO FROM MEGAN IN OAK FOREST...

"Closely related to the beet muffins, I made a collard greens cake yesterday. If you google it's a prize-winning recipe from a woman in North Carolina.  It's similar in texture to a carrot cake and one bunch of your collards would be enough for half a recipe. It makes a 3 layer cake but I used a bundt pan and a small loaf pan. 

I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have been using up a lot of things in baked goods. Adding kale to blueberry muffins and trying out a turnip lemon muffin/bread recipe i found but instead using one of the last grapefruits from our backyard trees. Kids gobbled them up!

Looking forward to my first summer membership!"

THANK YOU FOR SHARING, MEGAN!!!

3 comments:

white flower farmhouse said...

Brilliant disguise for some veggies my three boys wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. Healthy pregnancy food, too! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wow. I would never have thought to do that:)

Anonymous said...

Can you post your recipe for the collard green cake?